So, I was sitting in my sixth grade English class, bumbling through a diagram of a forever-long sentence, when I realized an eight and a half-inch width of paper wasn’t going to cut it.
I should have rotated the paper 90 degrees, ignored the confining lines on the sheet, and scrawled across it that way. […]
November? Vanished. I hop-skipped over it to the first days of December.
Where did November go? The short answer is it was gobbled up devoured by the phenom, NaNoWriMo. The goal was to bang out 50,000 words in thirty days which, knowing how slowly I write, was a fool’s […]
Yep, I’m taking the insane plunge into NaNoWriMo this year.
NaNo dovetails nicely with 90 Day Novel by Alan Watt, which I’m working through now. It just puts it on steroids. Two big things I learned from 90 Day are:
Macro Story Elements – To hold on […]
If you tend to be easily distracted when writing, take a look at Momentum Writer by Black Obelisk Software. Fire it up and your display resembles a screen reminiscent of blank paper. That means the too-easy-to-click-on impulse links to email and browsers are hidden, thus keeping your focus on writing. It does not […]
Twitter FeedMy Tweets
What I’m Reading Now
Mastery by Robert Greene
The Last Witness by K J Parker
Eats Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss
The Other 90% by Robert K Cooper
The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova
The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide By Douglas Adams
- Writers’ Stuff – Grammar Checks
- Pulp Birthday Cover
- Yeah…what she said…and Pressfield, too.
- National Pumpkin Cutting Day
- “Jump in, the water’s fine.” I suspect it’s a lie, but foolishly make the dive anyway.
- This One’s Free – Momentum Writer
- The Busiest Damned Motivational Poster Ever
- Stuff That’s Laying Around
- Never Give Up.
- 7 Words That Changed My Life
- RESEARCH – The Steamy Romance Novel
- Permission to Fly…Creatively (Part I)
- The First Novel I Wrote Was Genius. Not.